Outline Development Plan
- To create a welcoming and safe environment where all members of the community, including minority ethnic groups and those with disabilities, can enjoy rides on the trains
- To educate children & their families about our industrial heritage, particularly our railways and heavy industries.
- To support fund raising & other activities in Exhibition Park
- To encourage all types of model engineering and the manufacturing skills that are needed to manufacture models both from the past and present.
Over the next 3 years the club wishes to build on the work already completed in the past 5 years successes include the new clubhouse & workshop facilities, new fencing, improved access.
Practical Site Improvement Projects
· Buying and installing patio canopies
· Constructing a shed for the raised track riding cars
· Construction of two 5” gauge riding cars for the ground level track
Model Engineering Development Projects
Develop the use of workshop facilities by members
Continue to develop the junior engineer group
Possible future extension of the 16mm layout
Develop a series of visits, talks and events for members